Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011


It's the early 1920's and your boss has challeged you to fly a float plane non-stop all the way across the Pacific from San Francisco to Hawaii.




Commander John Rodgers attempted to do just that. It was in 1924, three years before Charles Lindburgh flew across the Atlantic.




My book club had the wonderful opportunity to read this historical novel and chat with the author, Bill Riddle. It is a fascinating story of early avaition and the brave men who put their lives on the line making history. To learn more about the book go to www.deaddownwindbook.com.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! That sounds good! Would my book club like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got you one so I'll pop it in the mail for you. I bet they would like it. So would your hubby!

    ReplyDelete