Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where in the World???

While we were in Florida we made sure to stick our toes in both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. When we got home to California, the kids wanted to go to the beach here so they could say their toes got wet in each of the large bodies of water that touches the U.S. (at least the lower 48) all within the same week. Can you guess which one is which?






To help out a bit, there are two pictures of each, and they aren't mixed up any.



Whatever the beach, the kids love it. I don't like the sand, and I certainly don't like being cold, so I'm really miserable if I'm cold and sandy. But I'm much happier if I have my camera with me and can play a bit with it.



Any luck figuring out which is which?



OK, I'll tell you...


They are in order from east to west.


The first two are the Atlantic Ocean at Cocoa Beach, the next two are the Gulf of Mexico, the top one being Marco Island and the second Sanibel Island, and the last two are the Pacific Ocean at Torrey Pines State Beach.


Why is it you can reach the Gulf of Mexico from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida, but you can only get to the Gulf of California through Mexico?

1 comment:

  1. Do your kids know how special they are or how cool of a mom to take them to 3 oceans in the same week! WOW! Love the changing colors of the oceans - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete