Monday, July 20, 2009

Howdy, Y'all

The kids and I want to take you to Texas for a spell. This is where I grew up, and I still go back to visit twice a year.
I actually grew up in Arlington, which is between Fort Worth and Dallas. My parents moved south a bit and are now in Mansfield, somewhat more out in the country, where they have about 45 acres.

This is one of their horses. His name is Harou, and he's my favorite.

I love taking pictures around their farm.

Before they moved in, it used to be a catfish farm. This is the only pond left, and there are no more catfish in it. Just a bunch of dragonflies, which we'll get to see more of later.

My parents have only horses, but what would a blog about Texas be without a cow photo? So, here is a cow. Actually, I think it's a bull. Looks too big to be a cow. I didn't want to get close enough to ask though.

There is a new park down the street where we can stroll and enjoy the Texas heat. And it is hot! It's supposed to get up to 105 today. Whew! Hope you have lots of water to drink!

It feels so good to be back! Hope you enjoy going to Texas with us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are back - and hurray for getting to see all your photos! Love the sunlight on that last leaf and your leading lines are superb! YAY

    ReplyDelete