Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wait Up!

While we are on our hikes, I try not to stop and take photos of things along the way, but sometimes I just can't help it. Katie will occasionally stay with me, but the boys don't. Waiting around for me while I get that perfect shot just isn't in their plans. Then I have to catch up to the group because they just don't wait. That's ok though, I don't mind.


See what I mean? The boys are small little dots.

But they also miss some pretty things, like the yucca in fool bloom,

sunflowers soaking up the sun,

a charred fence post trying real hard to keep standing.

or a grave stone documenting the lives of people. Katie and I were left wondering when these people lived and how they were related to each other. Maybe we'll have to do a little bit of research to find out. But then again, maybe we'll just hit another trail somewhere else and see what we can find there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you stayed behind to document! Love that yucca - I don't see many of those and that sunflower is gorgeous! Always gotta take time to smell the flowers!

    ReplyDelete